Monday, January 23, 2017

Home Plate {Easy Weeknight Chili}

I am always looking for new recipes that are inexpensive and come together in a flash.  I need to have dinner on the table early in my house with all those hungry boys to feed!

I love to make chili on fall weekends that includes lots of chopping and simmering.  Sometimes, though, I just need to get a pot of something hearty on the table in thirty minutes or less.  This recipe fits that criteria and while it won't win you a blue ribbon at the chili cook-off, it's tasty just the same!

Ingredients (All bought at Aldi!)
1 pound grass fed beef (not pictured)
1 large can tomato juice
mild chili beans
1 packet chili seasoning (not pictured)


Directions
Brown the ground beef and add in the packet of chili seasoning.



Pour the tomato juice in a large soup pot.



Add the seasoned browned meat, and chili beans to the tomato juice.


 
Cook on medium heat until heated through.

I like to serve this with a pan of Jiffy corn bread on the side. Since Mason has an egg allergy, I make his corn bread with half of a banana instead of an egg. It works!  



My family also likes cheddar cheese and sour cream to top off their bowls of chili.  This recipe serves four, so I double it.

Warm, filling, quick and inexpensive!


No comments:

Post a Comment