Friday, September 1, 2017

Friday Favorites!

It's Friday before a three-day weekend.  And all the teachers say, AMEN!

I'm linking up with fellow bloggers ErikaNarci and Andrea to share my Friday Favorites!

ONE

How is it possible that I get more excited about my book lists each month?  If you missed my August Books and Beans Post, you can read it HERE.


I have already started THIS BOOK for September and absolutely love it!



TWO

This could be a picture of me waiting for a spa treatment...but it's not.


I debated whether or not to share this here, but I'm hoping that at least one of you will be inspired to get a mammogram as a result.  I have been called back twice this year for an abnormal mammogram and nothing makes a woman more anxious.  Last week I got the all clear and I am so incredibly grateful.  You should have a baseline mammogram at age 35 and then yearly from age 40 on.  Taking preventative measures with your health is so important!  Whatever appointment you've been postponing, make the call today.

THREE

This kid...


started preschool!  And with it, came the need for his first round of antibiotics of his life due to a cold that turned into an ear infection.  Sigh.  He is loving his school and learning to wash his hands more often.  :) We are so proud of this sweet, brave little guy!


FOUR

Friday Night Lights!


Or in our sophomore's case, Saturday morning and Monday evening lights!  Love watching our middle play football. 

FIVE

Remember that Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that I talked about once a billion times?  Well, I received my Nordstrom Notes (Rewards) from the sale and cannot wait for this sweater to be back in stock so I can spend them!

  Women's Barefoot Dreams Cozychic Lite Circle Cardigan


I tried it on in the store and was instantly sold.  I did not think the price was justified until I put it on.  As soon as my size is in stock, it's going in my cart!

SIX

Fall soups!


Yes, it's still 80+ degrees here, but I made one of my family's favorite soups this week.  This is my aunt's Italian Sausage Soup recipe and it is sooooo good!  Check back on Monday for the full post and recipe.

SEVEN


I am absolutely loving the cooler temps at night and the amazing sunsets.  There is nothing like a gorgeous sky or the ocean to make me feel close to God.  

I hope you and your family enjoy the long weekend.  Remember to count your blessings and keep the people of Houston, Texas, in your prayers.  If you are looking for ways to give, check out THIS POST from a fellow blogger for a few ideas.

Happy Labor Day!




4 comments:

  1. Pretty much the only thing about fall I'm looking forward to right now is the soup! Can't wait for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good...can't wait to share it! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I am totally with you on Fall soups! I am planning to make a batch of chili this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chili is on my meal plan too! I just hope we're not sweating when we eat it! :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete