Saturday, January 9, 2016

Devotions Through Divorce~Introduction


For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven. ~Ephesians 3:1

I have been fortunate to always live where I am able to experience all four seasons this world has to offer.  Although each season has its pros and cons, there are some we would rather skip altogether.  Regardless, each must be experienced and there is beauty to be found even in the most undesirable conditions.

I believe that God organized the seasons as an outward representation of the seasons of our lives.   Part of my story includes the season of divorce.  I made a promise to God that if he helped me walk through that overwhelming time, I would share what I learned and encourage other women who were having to do the same.  If you too are experiencing this season, I would like to offer words of encouragement to bolster your spirit during this time.  While I am not a Bible expert, I do believe devotions are one of the most powerful ways to set your intention and focus your days.  I have walked through the season of divorce, made it to the other side, and the view from here is amazing.  Join me and be encouraged.  God has so much more in store for your life.

This blog series will be divided into four seasons, beginning with fall, with one devotion for each week of the year.  It is my hope that each devotion and accompanying scripture allow you to pause, reflect and pray.  I also recommend journaling during this time of your life as a way to see your progress and where God is answering prayers and performing miracles.

While you read, pray and journal, know that I am praying for the sunshine to return to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment