Sunday, January 10, 2016

Devotions Through Divorce~Week 1

"For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to help you not to hurt you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ~Jeremiah 14:11

This season of your life will be life changing and life giving.  That’s not my promise, that’s God’s.  When our worldly husband steps out, God steps in.  He promises that His plan is sovereign and we need to trust in Him.  Our work lies in learning to trust our heavenly father when our trust in others has often been the source of such pain.
During the year after my divorce, I focused completely on getting my household in order, beginning with refocusing my relationship with God.  By putting that relationship first, I was able to find calm in the storm.  I learned to trust, lean, and let go by clinging to His word when I felt all else was slipping away.
God’s plans are infinitely better than ours, but we must lay our plans down daily so that His can come forth.  God’s promises do not disappoint.  Trust, lean, and move forward; there is much hope in a future held by the hands of God.

This week, set your intentions for your family. What do you want your home, family, life to look like? Even if it seems so far out of reach, you must know where you are headed before you begin your journey. Then pray over these intentions and ask God his will for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment