Friday, May 27, 2016

Books and Beans {May}

I read four books this month!  That's an improvement over the two I read last month even though this time of year is very busy at school.

*COFFEE*
My Starbucks choice this month was a hot vanilla chai.  Even though it's technically tea, it's my blog and I can qualify it as my drink of choice if I want. ;)  I usually prefer chai in the fall, but it was perfect for the rainy days in May too!

*BOOKS*
(All book images from Amazon)

Silver Girl by: Elin Hilderbrand
(3 out of 5 Stars)


Yes...another Elin Hilderbrand book.  This one happened to be one of my favorites so far.  I love a good beach read and she never disappoints.  The situation surrounding the main character is intriguing and there is a bit of mystery as well.  Anytime a main character escapes to the beach to heal, it's bound to be a good book.

(3 out of 5 Stars)


It wouldn't be a From Here to Zehr book review if I didn't include something written by a reality star!  Although there is nothing groundbreaking in this book (not really what I'm looking for when I order them anyway), I truly enjoyed a glimpse into Kristen Cavallari's life and routines.  I am always looking for ways to mix up my eating and exercising routines, and while I probably won't be making vegan, dairy free, ice cream anytime soon, I thought this book was well constructed and fun to read.

Fool Me Once by: Harlan Coban
(4 out of 5 Stars)


I love Harlen Coben mysteries, but I have to read them spaced out from each other.  His books keep you on the edge of your seat and you have to be aware of small details that might be important in the end.  He is one of my favorite mystery authors because his books are a bit of a workout for your brain.  This book was no different.  If you like Harlan Coben, check this one out.  If you are new to his books, choose one of his earlier works to start.

As Time Goes By by: Mary Higgins Clark
(3 out of 5 Stars)


I love a good Mary Higgins Clark mystery.  This book was enjoyable and I really loved the main character, Delaney.  Although I still prefer old school MHC, this one was good too.

Time to get my list together for June!  Yea for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment