Friday, April 29, 2016

Books and Beans {April }

April was a slow month in the reading department.  School kept me very busy.  However, I enjoyed each of these reads!

*COFFEE*
This month, I gave up sugar in my coffee...what?!  Crazy, I know.  I drank Keurig coffee with two scoops of original Coffee Mate Creamer.  At Starbucks, I was all about the Flat White.  If you do not like your coffee sweet, you will love the creamy goodness of the Flat White.  Let me know if you try one!

*BOOKS*
(All book images from Amazon)

The Friends We Keep by:  Susan Mallery
(4 out of 5 stars)


This is actually part two of a series, but I didn't realize that until the end.  I had never read anything by Susan Mallery and I love when I find a new author to mix things up a bit!  The characters were relatable and believable; an easy read.  I will have to look for book one now.  :)

I Said Yes:  My Story of Heartbreak, Redemption and True Love by: Emily Maynard Johnson
(4 out of 5 stars)


I love any book that tells a person's life story, or at least a part of their story.  While I did not watch Emily's season, I enjoyed this book very much.  Overall, I like any story that shows how a person overcame a difficult time.  In that regard, this book did not disappoint.

With graduation approaching, I'm sure my reading time in May will look much like this month did.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment