Wednesday, January 18, 2017

My Favorite Podcasts

I began listening to podcasts a few years ago, even before my husband started his.  Truth be told, I don't listen to his, but thousands of other people do.  Oops. :)  If you like Star Wars, you can listen to Coffee with Kenobi HERE.

I thought it would be fun to share my current favorite podcasts that I listen to while driving, getting ready in the morning and exercising.  If you've never listened to a podcast before, you just go to iTunes and search for topics that interest you.  Last year, I got hooked on the podcast Serial, which was a real-life crime story put out by NPR.  Most of the podcasts I listen to are either motivational, wellness related or purely for entertainment.  There is literally a podcast for everything!

The Simple Sophisticate

Image result for the simple sophisticate podcast
(Image from Stitcher.com)

This blogger, teacher, and Francophile records a weekly show that includes top ten lists about various topics and focuses on simple luxuries.  I like her enthusiasm and advice for living the "simply luxurious life".

Heather Dubrow's World

Heather Dubrow's World
(Image from Podcast One)

As we've discussed, I love me some Real Housewives.  Heather Dubrow is one of my favorites and while I do admit to listening to other housewives' podcasts in the past (Brandi Glanville, anyone?), hers is by far the best.  Her rapport with her assistant Natalie is on point and the topics are relevant to mom life; even if you don't live in a mansion and have your own reality show.

Dr. and Mrs. Guinea Pig with Heather and Terry Dubrow

Image result for dr and mrs guinea pig podcast
(Image from heatherdubrow.com)

Do you see a pattern here?  This podcast is very well done with excellent advice every episode.  I love the chemistry between these two and the episode on Sunday anxiety sparked a future blog post idea for me.  I strangely find these two very relatable.  

The School of Greatness

Image result for the school of greatness
(Image from stitcher.com)

This podcast is put out by Lewis Howes,"former pro athlete turned lifestyle entrepreneur."  He has excellent guests and is extremely motivational.  He has built a million dollar business based upon motivating others to live their best lives.  Not bad for a guy who was flat broke living on his sister's couch.  Lewis Howes has great energy and it definitely comes through in his podcast.

The Big Boo Cast

Image result for the big boo cast
(Image from thebigboo.libsyn.com)

I could listen to these two southern women read me the phone book (do phone books even still exist?)  Anyway, they talk about absolutely nothing but it cracks me up every time I listen.  They are both bloggers and authors and I found them after reading Giddy Up Eunice, which is a great Christian book about the power of female friendships.  Current podcast topics include their kitchen remodels, college football and their favorite spoon.  I can't make this up, or describe it, apparently, but it's worth your time to listen!

I also occasionally also listen to Dave Ramsey, Jillian Michaels and Joel Osteen.  If you have any recommendations for other podcasts I should check out, comment below.  Happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment