Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Books and Beans ~ April 2017

Another book lover pin from Hide-a-Book. Visit us at https://hideabook.etsy.com:

Happy end of April!

*COFFEE*

This month, my coffee took a whole new direction; I officially broke up with my Keurig!  Honestly, the articles online about cleaning a Keurig and the money I was spending on K-Cups sent me on a search for a new option.  After doing research, I ended up buying...

B01KA7VWWC
a Ninja Coffee Bar!  It makes single serve (no pods required), a pot of coffee, iced coffee, and has a built in frother.  #thefrothersoldme

*BOOKS*

I read 3 fiction and 3 non-fiction books this month and rated them 4 stars or higher.  It was such a good reading month!

by: Ruth Ware
4 out of 5 Stars

1501132954

It took me awhile to pick up this book but I'm so glad I did.  Although I think I liked her book In a Dark, Dark Wood a bit better, this book kept me in suspense until the very end.  The setting really adds to the creepy factor of this book and I may never get on a boat again.  :)

by: Pia Edberg
4 out of 5 Stars

1530746493

After listening to a podcast on the Simple Sophisticate about the Danish concept of Hygge, I started seeing the word everywhere.  Hygge is all about incorporating simple luxuries into your home and life.  The podcast introduced me to the concept and this book gave specific examples of how to incorporate simple pleasures into everyday life.  Grab a cup of tea, a cozy blanket, light a candle and enjoy this quick read.

by:  Taylor Jenkins Reid
5 out of 5 Stars

1476776903

This book is my favorite book of 2017...and it's only April!  I read my first Taylor Jenkins Reid book last month, and two more this month.  The main character in this book believes her husband to be dead, works to move on with her life, becomes engaged and finds out her husband is alive.  I could not put this book down.  

by:  Ruth Soukup
4 out of 5 Stars

0310337690

If you remember, we worked on decluttering our house during Lent.  This book is a great motivator for finding your reasons for wanting to "unstuff" your home, mind, and soul.  If you need to declutter, read this book as your jump start.

by:  Becky Rapinchuk
4 out of 5 Stars

1501158791

Yes, I read an entire book about cleaning.  #nerdalert  Our family cleans house on Thursday nights.  This has worked well for us this school year and allows us to go into the weekend with most of our inside work completed.  However, I am thinking about moving to a different schedule for the summer when we are all home more.  I follow this author on Instagram and her method for cleaning a little each day just may have to be my summer routine.  This book is full of useful tips, even if you don't adopt her cleaning schedule.

by: Taylor Jenkins Reid
4 out of 5 Stars

1476712840

Again with the Taylor Jenkins Reid!  In this book, the main characters decide to have no contact with each other for one year after they realize that their marriage is no longer working for either one of them.  Their journey to repair their marriage and themselves will keep you turning the pages well past bedtime.  I. Love. This. Author.

I am happy that so many of you are enjoying these monthly Books and Beans posts.  Keep your book recommendations coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment