Monday, July 24, 2017

Home Plate {Italian Zucchini Boats}

There is nothing better than eating from the garden in the summer.  Unfortunately, my garden is not doing so well this year, but I do have a few excellent farms near me that make up for my lack of crops.  My sister shared this idea with me and I altered it so that all of the ingredients come from Aldi!

Italian Zucchini Boats
Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, casings removed
1 white onion
fresh mushrooms
1 jar spaghetti sauce
Fresh zucchini, sliced into two and hollowed out
Mozzarella or Parmesan Cheese


Slice the mushrooms and remove the casings from the sausage.


Finely chop the onion.  I love my Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor for this step.


Add the onion, sausage and mushrooms in a pan.  Cook until sausage is browned.  Cover with the jar of spaghetti sauce.


Hollow out the zucchini making "boats".  Fill with the sausage mixture.


Top with cheese of your choice and cook at 350 for 45 minutes.

I love to make an appetizer plate to keep my family happy while I am finishing dinner.  All of these items are also from Aldi.

Super simple summer dinner perfect for dining outside!


No comments:

Post a Comment