Wednesday, July 26, 2017

What's Up Wednesday~Link Up!

It's the last Wednesday of the month, so I'm linking up with fellow bloggers MelSheaffer and Shay to talk about what's up!



What We're Eating This Week

We are still eating everything we can out of our garden and from the farmer's market.  
Like these yummy Italian Zucchini Boats.  See the recipe HERE.


And my absolute favorite, a garden fresh tomato sandwich.


Isn't it so much easier to eat healthy in the summer?!

What I'm Reminiscing About

Our wedding day...5 year ago.  I blogged a bit about it HERE.


What I'm Loving

Unfortunately, I am loving EVERYTHING I bought from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!  I bought quite a bit thinking I would return some of it, but that didn't turn out the way I planned.  Needless to say, I have a great start on my back-to-school wardrobe. :)  Truth be told, I would have bought a few more things if they hadn't sold out!  See my favorites HERE.  



What We've Been Up To

We've been cramming in the family fun and marking off the to-do list in anticipation of the school year.  Last Sunday, we went to a trampoline park and had so much fun.  It was also a great workout!

Dan and I took a short trip for our 5 year anniversary and had the best time.  We rode bikes, napped by the pool, ate yummy food, drank champagne and shopped.  The perfect quick getaway!


What I'm Dreading

I absolutely love my job, but the start of the school year kicks my tail every year and makes me very difficult to live with. ;)  There are just not enough hours in the day to enroll new students, change schedules, and address everyone's emergencies.  Summer brain is for real and the transition back is like being thrown in a freezing cold deep end from a super comfy lounge chair.  :)

What I'm Working On

I'm busy sifting through my work email and trying to get a start on a few things before next week.  Email is the worst...can I get an AMEN?

What I'm Excited About

I actually love the start of the school year and new school supplies.  It's always fun to see the students again and hear about their summers.  I am also doing a few updates to my office, so I will share a tour with you when those are completed!

What I'm Watching/Reading

We are loving family movie nights in our recently finished basement.  We've been watching some family classics.


I have been reading everything I can get my hands on.  I'll have a new Books and Beans post on Monday, but you can see my June recommendations HERE.


What I'm Listening To

It's all about the Toddler Station on Pandora and our Vacation Bible School CD at our house right now.  There is nothing sweeter than hearing a little kid sing about God.

What I'm Wearing

This week...workout clothes.
Next week...Nordstrom deals. :)

What I'm Doing This Weekend

I plan to relax, hang out with the family and practice self-care to gear up for the start of the school year.

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month

A brand new school year.  I love working in education because we get two New Years each year, one in January and one in August.  This year will be my 20th year in education (say what?!), Dan's 12th year (he worked in insurance prior), my oldest will be a freshman in college, my middle a sophomore in high school and my little starts pre-school.  Life is busy, crazy and fun!

What Else Is New

I have been helping Mason learn his letters.  We were working on his name the other day and this is how I found it later.  Little did I know he was over it and bilingual!  No mas!



I think that about covers it!  Happy Wednesday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I am a teacher too and I know exactly what you mean about how a fresh start every year is super exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fresh start and the new school supplies! ;)

      Delete