Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday Favorites!

It's my absolute favorite Friday of the year because it's the first day of fall!


Never mind that it has been in the 90's this week...seriously...go home summer, no one wants you around anymore.

I didn't post last week because it's been a bit chaotic around here. Nothing serious, just a series of things that make you feel blah...sickness, work stress, long to do lists and short on time, helping other people through tough times, things needing repaired, dealing with people or situations that you've prayed about but it still feels pretty hopeless, world news... you know, just yuck.  Sometimes life is just hard and I know all of you can relate. However, I can't stay down for long because there is so much more to be joyful about. Just saying, some days I feel like this...

(Look at Mason's face! Ha ha!)

So after a week of the blahs, I thought is would be appropriate to post about some of my favorite things that lift my spirits. 

I'm linking up with fellow bloggers ErikaNarci and Andrea to share my Friday Favorites!
ONE

I love to take baths. Although I love bath bombs, I also love adding these to my baths:

This makes your bath a detox bath and it is so wonderful!  
If I have plain Epsom Salts, I add Lavender essential oils and I only buy those HERE.
I also love diffusing this at night.  Love my essential oils!

TWO

Of course, spending time with my family also lifts my spirits. On this past Sunday, we went with my parents to our church picnic where Mason won a cake on the cake walk! We then went on a hike as a family. Love this time with my people!



THREE

You all know I love reading, but reading something that speaks straight to my soul is a great way to recharge. This book did just that...


Check back for my September book review at the end of the month to win your own copy!

FOUR

Is there anything better than friends you've known forever and can't imagine doing life without?


FIVE

Changing out our pictures on our family gallery wall or simply enjoying the ones we have up always makes me feel extremely blessed for these people I get to do life with.


SIX

And nothing lifts your blah mood quite like a Pumpkin Spice Latte! I am drinking mine with the air conditioning cranked because, you know, summer won't leave.


Even my coffee is showing me love! I'm looking forward to sharing all things fall in the weeks to come and who wouldn't be happy about that?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and know that if you are feeling overwhelmed or discouraged, you are not alone. Look for the good all around you!

xo,
Deanna






No comments:

Post a Comment