Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Books and Beans~December 2018

(www.pinterest.com)

COFFEE

Cheggnog Latte...chai tea and egg nog...it's a thing...and I {heart} it...

BOOKS

2018 ended with some pretty good books! I have included them all here, some that you can add to your Christmas reading list for next year and a few to start your new year off right. I have SO MANY great books on my list for 2019. Thanks for "reading" with me!

An Island Christmas
by: Nancy Thayer
3 out of 5 stars


This was a sweet little read that was reminiscent of a Hallmark movie. I like these kinds of books around the holidays because they are light, easy reads. Any book about Christmas and New England gets my vote during this time of year!

Cultivate: A Grace-Filled Guide to Growing an Intentional Life
by: Lara Casey
4 out of 5 stars


Lara Casey's latest book is inspiring for building an intentional life. The entire book is built around the concept of gardening as a metaphor for cultivating your life. Very well written and a great book to start off your new year right!

Capital Gaines: Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff
by: Chip Gaines
4 out of 5 stars


I listened to this book on audio while working out and driving. I enjoy Chip and Joanna Gaines so much. Their down to earth style and family values are inspiring. It was great to hear things from Chip's perspective, as he tends to be the more daring of the two. As you know by now, I love a good biography/autobiography/memoir and this one was motivational for going after your dreams and building the life you want.

The Christmas Sisters
by: Sarah Morgan
4 out of 5 stars


Another sweet Christmas read, this book has a dash of family drama built in with the cozy Christmas scenes. The story is about three sisters returning home to their adoptive parents' home for the holidays. You learn about their individual struggles, as well as the tragedy that took their parents' lives. The characters and their relationships with each other are very well written. Add it to your list for next year's holiday season.

The Dinner List
by: Rebecca Serle
4 out of 5 stars


I didn't know quite what to expect from this book, but it was so intriguing! You know the game where you say the people you would have dinner with (alive or dead)? The main character in this book gets her wish during her birthday dinner. The book explores each person's relationship with her as well as their relationships with each other. A very cool concept and an extremely interesting book. I was thinking about this one long after I finished reading it.

It has been a great year full of excellent books! I read 56 books this past year. See any of these posts to build your reading list for 2018!





No comments:

Post a Comment