Monday, November 26, 2018

Books and Beans~October and November 2018

October got away from me (I was distracted by all the pumpkins and fall goodness), so this month's post is a double!


(via schoolpsychlife on Instagram)

COFFEE

In an effort to cut down on sugar, I came up with a pumpkin spice latte hack from Starbucks in October. I would order a flat white with two pumps of pumpkin. All the flavor, half the guilt. ;)

In November, I started my holiday drink obsession early; give me all the egg nog lattes and peppermint!

Grab your favorite hot drink (full or half sugar; no judgements here), and enjoy hearing about the books I read in October and November.

BOOKS


by: Julia Whelan
4 out of 5 stars


I loved the title and setting of this book, so it has been on my list for awhile. It centers around an American girl off to spend a year at Oxford. Of course, there is a relationship that develops and complications ensue. I liked this book, but it was a bit slow for me during the first half. I did not see the twist coming, though, and you know how I love any book that can surprise me!

by Dane Huckelbridge
4 out of 5 stars


Think Castaway, only a man and a woman, each from different countries. This book is beautifully written and the vividness of the descriptions of being stranded on an island are so well done. Parts of the end were difficult to read, and again I was floored by the events at the end. Overall, a good read!

by: Jesse James Decker
4 out of 5 stars


Give me all the autobiographical/home/fashion advice books. I unapologetically will read any book in this category. This one contained some great recipes that I've already tried with good reviews from my family!

by: Lindsey Stanberry
4 out of 5 stars


Along with reading glimpses into other people's home lives and daily routines, I love seeing how people spend their money. If I didn't blog and write about these topics, I might be bordering on stalker status. This book is an interesting look at the money habits (told one week at a time) of various women from across the country. If you are a bit of a personal finance nerd like me, you will enjoy this book.

by: Sandie Jones
4 out of 5 stars


Oh my stars. This book was so good. And disturbing. And twisty. It involves a girl, her boyfriend and his creepy mom. Once they get engaged, all bets are off. Again, didn't see the end coming. If you like reads like Gone Girl, Girl on the Train, etc., this one is your jam!

by: Benjamin Spall and Michael Xander
3 out of 4 stars


Again with the stalker status. I love getting a glimpse into other people's routines and habits. While this book was interesting, I did not love it as much as others in this category that I have read before. If you are interested in a new morning routine, see this post from last year for my best recommendation. 

by RaeAnne Thayne
3 out of 5 stars


I picked up this book to kick off my Christmas book reading for December and thought it was good one to start with. When a single mom with a past comes to town to intern as the new veterinarian, romance and conflict ensues. This is an easy read and has a little more conflict than a Hallmark movie. Have I ever talked about how much I love Hallmark movies this time of year? Maybe once or twice. Add this to your list if you want an easy Christmasy read, but and of the books in the Winter Street Series by Elin Hilderbrand should be first on your list if you haven't read them.

Wow! That's a long post! I hope you make time to soak up all the joys of this wonderful season of the year with you and yours. I'll see you back for December's review and the last of this year next month!

xo,
Deanna


1 comment:

  1. Castle of Water is on my short list! And I’ll have to add My Oxford Year to it now for sure!

    ReplyDelete