Friday, January 25, 2019

Friday Favorites~Weeks 3 and 4

Happy Friday, everyone! Isn't January just the longest month?! I saw this on Instagram and could totally relate:
{via Instagram @everygirl}


See you in April...

My Friday Favorites this week are full of things we have been reading, watching and eating during our snowy, cold weekends at home!

ONE

Dumplin

{via variety.com}

Oh my goodness, have you watched this movie on Netflix? Do yourself a favor and add it to your watchlist. Heartwarming, funny and full of Dolly Parton music...what's not to love?


TWO

by: Josie Silver


My January Books and Beans post is already written, so this book will be reviewed in my February post. I want this book to be a movie so badly! It would be a moving like The Holiday or You've Got Mail, one you could watch over and over. The first one hundred pages or so were a bit slow for some reason, but I flew through it after that and fell in love with the characters. It is chick-lit but not formulaic. An enjoyable easy read all about love; perfect for a February read! 💖


THREE

When we are snowed in, one of my favorite things to do is make yummy food. Give me a snowy day, candles burning and something in the slow cooker and I am one happy girl. 


One of the things I made this past weekend was slow cooker carnitas and cilantro lime rice. It was soooo good! I used this recipe for the meat, and called my sister for her advice on how to make the rice. The trick was using chicken broth instead of water for the instant rice. Add cilantro and the juice of one lime and it was perfection! Add some steamed corn topped with Tajin and we had a Mexican themed meal.

FOUR

Amazon Fashion

Amazon is taking over the world and I'm not sad about it. 
A few weeks ago, I shared the leopard band I bought for my Apple Watch and then I found this one.

Watch Band   *   Bracelet 

I'm also having a moment with camo, so this sweatshirt caught my eye:
I can get lost in a rabbit hole of Amazon Fashion if I'm not careful. Has anyone tried Prime Wardrobe? I have not, but I would love to hear what you think if you have.

FIVE


{via Instagram @dalesmiththomas}

My best friend's cousin is currently in the fight of her life while awaiting a liver transplant. Marcy is hosting a Stella & Dot show and I am donating all of my commission to help Christy's fight. If you would like to shop for this cause, you can do so HERE.

One of the reasons I became a Stella & Dot Stylist is because the company is all about empowering women. Knowing that I can use this platform to directly help a woman I know while helping other women feel beautiful is a great feeling.

SIX

Bible App

{via itunes.com}

During the month of January, I have been using the Bible App to read one Proverb per day. The plans on this app are the best and you can set a reminder that pops up on your phone and reminds you to do your reading for the day. Especially in busy seasons, reading the word of God grounds me like nothing else, but I'm not always great at remembering to do it, so this app helps.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

xo,
Deanna

5 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about hunkering down in January. No desire to go anywhere LOL .your meal looks amazing. I am on the fence about an Apple Watch. I think it’s coming soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being cozy is the best! I didn't think I wanted an Apple watch...until I got one. Now I can't imagine not having it!

      Delete
  2. I need to read that book. Glad to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that same leopard watch band for my Apple Watch and love it! Also, I have seen that camo sweatshirt a few other places and feel like I really might need it! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete