Friday, July 26, 2019

Books and Beans~June 2019

I read five books in June; three non-fiction and two fiction. The non-fiction books were good and the fiction books were both in my top books of all time. Add them to your list!!

COFFEE

June was all about iced coffee and iced chai tea lattes!

BOOKS

by: Gretchen Rubin
4 out of 5 stars


I always begin summer by reading some sort of organization or productivity book. #nerd It motivates me to pare down and reset before the new school year. I loved this book by Gretchen Rubin, who is also the author of The Happiness Project. I truly believe that our environment impacts our quality of life and Rubin does an excellent job of giving examples and motivating us to find calm by getting rid of our chaos.

by: Lori Gottlieb
4 out of 5 stars


As a counselor, I adored this candid look at the inner thoughts of a therapist in session with her clients and as a client herself. This book would be good for anyone who has struggled making sense of life at one point or another...which is every human on Earth! Gottlieb allows us to gain insight into ourselves by bravely sharing herself.

by: Jordan Lee Dooley
4 out of 5 stars


I picked up this book after seeing it on an Instagram feed and liked it more than I expected to! I wish I would have been able to read this book in my late 20s. This book would be an excellent college graduation gift or for anyone who is a self-help junkie like me!

by: Delia Owens
5 out of 5 stars


I'm having a hard time putting into words why I loved this book. It is one of my favorite books of all time. Besides being beautifully written, a love story, a coming of age story and a mystery all wrapped into one, the main character will stay with you long after the last page. This book is hauntingly beautiful and a must read.

by: Heather Morris
5 out of 5 stars


I also loved this book of fiction set during the Holocaust but based on a true love story during that time. While definitely not a light read, this book deserves to be on your must read list as well. Ultimately, it is a book that celebrates the power of the human spirit, kindness and love.

Enjoy adding these fabulous books to your list! Remember that you can click on the title or photo of the book to be taken to Amazon where you can purchase them. Amazon shares a few pennies with me if you do that so I can buy more books!

xo,

Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment