Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Books and Beans~April & May 2019

I am *just a bit* behind on my monthly book reviews, so you will get three posts this week to make up for it! It has been a wonderful summer of relaxing, spending time with family, traveling and reading!

COFFEE

Iced white chocolate lavender lattes...it's what to drink during the spring and summer!

BOOKS

by: Susan Mallery
4 out of 5 stars


This book was perfect for kicking off my summer reads. Three sisters are all dumped by their significant others in the same week. They come together to help each other recover and move on. This book was easy to read chick lit. I enjoy Susan Mallery for fun characters and a relaxing read.

by: Heather Dubrow and Terry Dubrow M.D.
4 out of 5 stars


This book introduced me to interval eating, of which I am now a fan. While I do not follow diet plans, this book does contain some good information to include in your daily eating routine. I highly recommend their podcast as well!

by: Nikki Boyd
4 out of 5 stars


It is no secret that I love to read design books and books on organizing. This book beautifully marries the two. The photography is gorgeous and inspiring. The entire book offers organizing ideas with a glamorous twist.

by: Erin Gates
4 out of 5 stars


I loved Erin Gates' first book, Elements of Style. Her second book is good, but I like the first one better. This design book offers ideas for living with children and still having nice things, but it is a little to traditional or stuffy for my liking. The photography is gorgeous, however, and there are definitely inspiring ideas.

by: Taylor Jenkins Reid
3 out of 5 stars


I could not wait to get my hands on this highly anticipated book. I mean, when Reece Witherspoon tells me to read a book, I listen! It is set in the 70's and follows a band through their rise to fame. The book is unique in that it is told in interview style (like someone from a magazine is covering their entire story). As interesting as the format is and as much as I love this author, this was a bit of a slow read for me.

by: Sally Hepworth
4 out of 5 stars


My final book in May was definitely worth the wait! I enjoyed this book so much and especially the twists that kept me guessing. When Lucy marries her man, she gets more than she bargained for with her new mother-in-law Diana. Then Diana is found dead and everyone is a suspect. What follows is a bit of a "who-done-it" with lots of family secrets revealed. This book was very entertaining!

Stay tuned for two more book related posts this week...and thank you for letting me make up for lost time! :)

xo,

Deanna

1 comment:

  1. The last two are on my waiting list in the library! Can’t wait to pick them up

    ReplyDelete