Wednesday, January 2, 2019

19 Ways to Organize Your Life in 2019 {1}


Happy New Year and Happy 2019!

{fromupnorth.com via Pinterest}

I thought it would be fun to kick off this fresh start with a new blog series intended to give you ideas about how to organize and simplify your life. I have generated a list of 19 things that have either worked for me or are areas I am working on as well. Let's encourage each other!

The first thing I like to do at the start of a new year is choose a word or theme that will be my focus for the coming year. This is truly where the teacher in me comes out and I feel like having my objective spelled out helps me to move forward with my lesson plans.

This year, my word is INTENTIONAL. Last year, my word was NO, so we are making progress! 

Intentional is defined as "done on purpose; deliberate," and one of its synonyms is "conscious". I knew that this needed to be my word for the year when I found myself reflecting on how much I have enjoyed this holiday break filled with nothing more than ordinary, stay-at-home moments with my family. In this new year, I want to focus on being intentional with my time, my money, my purchases and my relationships with others. If it does not serve me, I plan to let it go. If it is something that brings me joy, I will intentionally choose to participate.


{kellyexeter.com.au via Pinterest}

So the first way to organize your life is to choose your word for the year. Give yourself a focus or a roadmap to follow. What is your word for this year? If you are having trouble deciding, head to Instagram and type in #oneword for plenty of ideas.

My other posts in this series are more hands on and practical, so I hope you will stop back and check them out. Little changes truly do make a big difference in our overall well-being.

xo,
Deanna


No comments:

Post a Comment