Thursday, July 28, 2016

Books and Beans {July}

Holy Batman, I read A LOT of books during July!  Since I am back to work next week, I'm sure next month's Books and Beans post will look much different.

*COFFEE*
My Starbucks drink of choice this month was the Strawberry Acai Refresher with Coconut Milk.  If you follow me on Instagram, you saw the pic of me jumping on the bandwagon. :) #pinkdrink


*BOOKS*
(All book images are from Amazon)

Three Wishes by: Liane Moriarty
(3 out of 5 stars)



While I love Liane Moriarty, this book was just good, not great.  I did enjoy the triplet sister story line but felt some of it was forced.  Liane Moriarty fans should read this but it won't be one of your favorites.

Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes by: Elizabeth Bard
(4 out of 5 stars)



I saw this book while walking through Barnes and Noble.  It was such an enjoyable read!  This is a memoir using food, love and Paris as the backdrops.  Who wouldn't love that?

Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up by: Marie Kondo
(3 out of 5 stars)



While I won't be thanking my socks anytime soon (you have to read her books to understand), I love to organize so this book did have some great tips and ideas in it.  I basically will read anything that focuses on reducing and organizing stuff, so I enjoyed it!

The EveryGirl's Guide to Cooking by: Maria Menounos
(5 out of 5 stars)



Oh Maria!  I love her books!  She shoots the photos herself at home and her advice and recipes are easy and inspiring.  While so many celebrity cookbooks have you using ingredients you can barely pronounce, Maria tells you how to make a quick and healthy meal with items most of us have on hand.  Great book and great addition to her EveryGirl book series!

Bite Me: How Lyme Disease Stole My Childhood, Made Me Crazy, and Almost Killed Me by: Ally Hilfiger
(3 out of 5 stars)



If you've read my other Books and Beans Posts, you know I love a good memoir; even if it has absolutely nothing to do with something I can relate to.  Bite me is a good book for anyone who has been diagnosed with or knows someone with Lyme Disease.  While I am neither of those, I found this book to be heartbreaking and honest.

All Summer Long by: Dorothea Benton Frank
(2 out of 5 stars)



While I loved the setting and premise of this book, it just went on FOREVER.  The plot is enjoyable but extremely slow.  I had a hard time reading it because I felt like nothing was happening.  I have not read this author before, so I would have to read another one of hers before writing her off.  Any suggestions are appreciated!

The Life Giving Home by: Sally and Sarah Clarkson
(4 out of 5 stars)



This sweet book was a great reminder of how important the home environment is for our soul.  While some of the suggestions are not applicable to my family and our interests, the underlying theme of being intentional with connection and cultivating a welcoming home environment were wonderful.

Mix-and-Match Meal Planner: Your Weekly Guide to Getting Dinner on the Table by: Shay Shull
(4 out of 5 stars)



Such a cute little cookbook!  I read Shay's blog daily and just think she's a fascinating lady.  I absolutely cannot wait to try the recipes in the fall and winter section.  Cozy comfort food for the win!

The Weekenders by: Mary Kay Andrews
(4 out of 5 stars)



This book wrapped up my beach reads for the summer and I'm so glad it was this one!  I loved the story line and it had just enough mystery wrapped into it to keep the love story interesting.  Very enjoyable book!

First Comes Love by: Emily Giffin
(5 out of 5 stars)



I loved this book so much!  I took it to read on a trip and read it in a minute!  I absolutely could not put it down.  The plot includes a sister relationship angle, grief, and women who are looking for their own versions of happily ever after.  I love Emily Giffin and I think this is her best book yet!

I really can't believe that July is drawing to a close and I read 10 books this month!  I hope I have something to write about next month; I go back to school next week.  I'd love any suggestions of what you all are reading to add to my list.  Read my other Books and Beans posts to add to your reading list!

No comments:

Post a Comment