Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday Favorites

I'm linking up again with fellow bloggers Erika, Narci and Andrea to share Friday Favorites!




I have struggled for years to find a workout that I love.  In high school, cheerleading was my fitness routine and I loved every minute of it.  I also love to ride bikes (especially along the lake in Chicago), but I don't live where biking is a safe activity.  Since I don't especially like gyms, I'm always on the search for an at-home option.  The 21 Day Fix workout DVD's are my absolute favorite.  I ordered them and Shakeology from a friend who is a trainer and I am hooked.  Unlike other Beachbody workouts (P90X, I'm talking about you), these workouts only take 30 minutes per day and work every inch of muscle.  If I can stick with it when school starts, I'll have even more muscle to work! :)


One of my favorite things about summer is the small garden I plant full of tomatoes, basil, cilantro, strawberries and cucumbers.  There is nothing like picking fresh tomatoes and basil for a quick Caprese style lunch.  And you know that is one of my favorite Three Things!  Mason also loves to help me pick things from the garden but the strawberries and cherry tomatoes usually do not make it inside when he helps. :)


I absolutely love Emily Giffin's new book!  She is an author that never disappoints, but this one is especially good.  I read it during our last minute vacation and could not put it down.  If you would like to see all of the books I read this month, check out my July Book and Beans Post.


My handsome husband and I took a last minute trip to Los Angeles to celebrate our four year anniversary.  Although it is super hard to leave the kids, these trips are so important to us a couple.  We believe that the best thing we can do for our kids is to have a strong marriage partnership and these trips are just one way we do that. We stayed in Hollywood and acted like total tourists!  There are few things I enjoy more that traveling to a place I've never been before.  Traveling is definitely one of my favorite things.  See our trip to Nashville here!

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment