Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Devotions Through Divorce ~ Week 3

Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.~Matthew 6:34
I am a gifted worrier.  If worrying were an Olympic sport, I’d take the gold.  There I would be, standing on the platform, wearing the gold medal around my neck with the Star Spangled Banner playing proudly for all to hear and worrying that I would fall off the platform before the song was over.
During my season of divorce, worrying became my second full-time job. There were so many things outside of my control and so much uncertainty. However, the more time I spent talking to God, the more I realized that life is always out of control and uncertain. The only certainty in life is that God will equip us with what we need as our needs arise. Worrying does not speed up this process, it only blocks the blessings from our eyes.

I have cultivated a habit of praying when I begin to worry. Given my proclivity toward worrying, this proves very helpful for my prayer life! Pray more, worry less. Actively take care of what you can today and leave the rest to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment