Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Books and Beans~September

Hello, fellow book nerds!  I did a little better this month with balancing the rest of my life with more important things, like reading. :)

*COFFEE*
Can you say Pumpkin Spice Latte?  Fall is my absolute favorite time of year and this drink just makes it all the more fantastic.  This year I mixed it up by ordering a grande with two pumps of pumpkin and two pumps of white chocolate.  Divine!  

*BOOKS*
(All book images are from Amazon.com.)

Truly Madly Guilty by: Liane Moriarty
(3 out of 5 Stars)
Somewhere along the line, I forgot to review this book that I read this summer.  There may be a reason I forgot.  I was so excited to read this book and was very disappointed by it.  There was incredible build up and then...nothing.  The turning point left me feeling confused and duped into believing it was something other than what I had already predicted.  I still gave it three stars, but that was mostly due to the fact that I love Liane Moriarty's other books and I don't want to hurt her feelings too much when she reads my blog. (Of course she does.)

Loving My Actual Life: An Experiment in Relishing What's Right in Front of Me by: Alexandra Kuykendall
(4 out of 5 Stars)

I love reading books where the author sets a goal or a life experiment and then journals his or her progress and journey through it.  This sweet book is a good reminder to practice mindfulness and not let our everyday life pass us by.  I really enjoyed it.

Mix-and-Match Mama Eats: Crazy Good Go-To Meals by: Shay Shull
(5 out of 5 Stars)

Such a great cookbook!  I love reading Shay's blog and her cookbook has been such a lifesaver on busy school nights.  My family is a big fan of most of her recipes and they come together in a very short time.  It is also divided up into months of the year with corresponding recipes for each month.  Happy family, quick meals, and organization...all things that make me smile!

Giddy Up, Eunice: Because Women Need Each Other by: Sophie Hudson
(4 out of 5 Stars)

Sophie Hudson's writing voice is exquisite.  It is like sitting down to a conversation with a good friend.  She is funny, warm, and this girl knows her Bible!  I loved this book and loved getting to "know" Sophie in the process.  After reading the book, I checked out both her blog and her podcast.  She is one impressive lady!


No comments:

Post a Comment