Monday, January 9, 2017

Home Plate {BBQ Pork Tacos}

I am so excited to blog about this recipe because it is one of my family's favorites, it's super easy, and it cooks in the Crock Pot.  That's a home run in my book!

I know I have mentioned this cookbook in previous posts, but it's worth mentioning again.  This recipe comes from my Mix and Match Mama Eats cookbook.  There are so many recipes that my family loves in this book.  Get your own copy HERE

INGREDIENTS:

4-5 lb. Pork Roast
1 medium sized onion roughly chopped
1-2 cans Dr. Pepper or Coke (no diet soda)
BBQ Sauce (our family loves Sweet Baby Rays original flavor)


Taco Shells (of course we buy the Aldi brand)

GARNISH:

Shredded Cheese (our family likes pepper jack, but white cheddar works well too)
Green Onions 

DIRECTIONS:


Roughly chop the onion and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.  Place the roast on top of the onion.  Pour in the Dr. Pepper and cover the top of the meat with BBQ sauce (approximately half of the bottle, reserving the rest for later).  


Cook on high for 6-8 hours.

Remove the meat from the slow cooker, add more BBQ sauce and separate meat with two forks or kitchen scissors like mine from Pampered Chef.  I use these all the time!


  Serve on taco shells.  Garnish with cheese and green onion.  



YUM!!



No comments:

Post a Comment