Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Link-Up!~Workin' It Wednesday~New Year's Goals

I'm joining Mix & Match Mama and A Little Bit of Everything today as they kick off their new series, Workin' It Wednesday!  I'm super excited about this series and cannot wait to read everyone's ideas.  


I love to set goals in all areas of my life.  I helps me to review where I am and where I want to be.  Since I work in education, I feel like I have two "New Years"; one in January and one in August! 

Every Christmas break, in the week between Christmas and New Year's, Dan and I have a goal setting date.  We either go to a coffee shop or cozy up at home with a glass of wine.  We use this time to review the past year's blessings and challenges, talk about our work, kids, marriage, etc.  We then dream up all of the goals that we would like to meet in the new year and write everything down.  To keep it organized, we use the following categories:

Faith
Family
Finance
Fitness
Forever (our marriage)
Friends
(...and because we ran our of "F" words...)
Work
Travel
Projects
Things to Buy

Some of these areas are practical and some are where we cut loose and dream big.  Each year, we choose a theme that we want to incorporate into the new year.  For 2017, our theme is BE INTENTIONAL.  We will try to carry this theme into all aspects of our lives from spending time with our kids, blessing others, work and spending.  One of the best parts of this goal date is reviewing the prior year's list and seeing where we crushed it and where we still need work.  We also talk about and record our personal goals for the year and discuss how we can hold each other accountable.  I love this time with my husband and being intentional about the life we are building together.

Happy 2017, everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment