Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Books and Beans~October 2017

(image from www.pinterest.com)

COFFEE


Even though pumpkin spice lattes have my heart, I am having a moment with caramel macchiatos...yum!

BOOKS

October was a bit of a slow reading month for me with only three books completed. I have a head start on November, though so you will want to check back then as well. I can't believe I only have two more Books and Beans posts in 2017!

by: Kristan Higgins
4 out of 5 stars


I really liked this book. It centers around two sisters who are both dealing with loss; one the death of her new husband and the other a breakup of a long-term relationship. I have read Kristin Higgins in the past and this is one of her best yet!

by: Abby Fabiaschi
4 out of 5 stars


This book was good but a slow read for me. The premise is a mother who has taken her own life, leaving her husband and teenage daughter to pick up the pieces of what used to be their perfect life. The twist is that the mom is watching from beyond and orchestrating things in their favor to help them heal. This book was strange yet engaging and did have a good twist at the end. As you know, any book that can surprise me with a twist is a good read.

by: Kate White
3 out of 5 stars


I really wanted to like this book because I have read and enjoyed Kate White before. This one was just okay, though. I never really felt connected with the characters and there were too many red herrings for my liking. I love a good mystery/suspense, but this seemed all over the place. I actually like this book more until I got to the last two pages. It then reads like an author on a deadline. Pretty good mystery, but if you've never read Kate White, read The Sixes instead!

I'd love to connect with you on Goodreads HERE, Instagram HERE or Facebook HERE. Let me know what I should be reading next!

No comments:

Post a Comment