Monday, February 26, 2018

Books and Beans~February 2018


COFFEE

I do not recommend getting sick during this flu/virus season, but if you do, I have the drink for you!


It's the Medicine Ball Tea from Starbucks. They use two types of tea, steamed lemonade and honey to make it and it helps ease a sore throat and congestion. I am so happy to be feeling better!

BOOKS

The only perk of being sick was I had a few extra hours to read. This month, I read six books and they got better as the month went on! I have two five star books for you this month; one fiction and one non-fiction.

by: Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza
3 out of 5 stars

(www.amazon.com)

I grabbed this book at the library one afternoon and read it pretty quickly. It takes place in New York, so of course I would want to read it! The premise is a girl whose male business partner tells her she's fat and needs to take a sabbatical to get back in shape. This spurs her to try all kinds of crazy things to lose weight. The book is very tongue-in-cheek about the fitness industry and the quest for skinny. It's an enjoyable read with some funny moments.

by: Marie Tourell Soderberg
3 out of 5 stars

(www.amazon.com)

Several months ago, I read THIS BOOK about the concept of hygge and loved it! I am still enraptured by the concept of the cozy life, and honestly read this book because of its cover. The book itself was ok, but I liked my original read better. This is a good one to check out from the library and scroll through.

by: Kate Hudson
3 out of 5 stars

(www.amazon.com)

You all know I can't pass up reading any book about entertaining or lifestyle in general. Kate Hudson's newest book is full of great pictures and a fun idea or two. 

by: Beatriz Williams
4 out of 5 stars

(www.amazon.com)

I never enjoyed historical fiction until I read Beatriz Williams' books. This one also did not disappoint. Although racier than some of the other books I've read of hers, the characters and story lines drew me in. Like her other books, this one spans two different time periods with a suitcase full of items bridging the two women. If you like historical fiction and books about strong women, this book is for you.

by: Liv Constantine
5 out of 5 stars

(www.amazon.com)

If you liked Girl on a Train or Gone Girl, this is your next favorite book. I literally read this book in one day; I could not put it down! It's suspenseful, the characters are CRAZY and it has several twists and turns. I cannot wait for this book to be made into a movie...Reese Witherspoon, I'm lookin' at you to make this happen! (Pretty sure Reese isn't reading my blog, but she should.) :)

by: Rachel Hollis
5 out of 5 stars

(www.amazon.com)

Like most of the great non-fiction books I read, I heard about this one on a podcast. I had never heard of Rachel Hollis before, but I am a fan of her work after reading this book. She runs a lifestyle company called Chic Media and she is delightful, honest and fun. Read this book if you need a pick-me-up or need to be motivated to live life on your own terms. Such a fun book!

I hope you found a book or two to add to your list! I honestly love the feedback I get from these posts and would love to hear what you are reading and loving!


No comments:

Post a Comment