Sunday, September 2, 2018

Books and Beans~August 2018


(image via Instagram @letterfolk)

COFFEE

August's coffee of choice was nothing more than coffee brewed at home on my Ninja and THIS creamer. Why is this creamer soooo good?

BOOKS

August was another fabulous reading month! And while I have a whole list of good books for you this month, I am sooooo excited to read while curled up with a pumpkin spice latte in the coming months! Fall reading is my favorite type of reading. :)

by: Catherine Steadman
4 out of 5 stars


Oh my goodness...this book is suspenseful! Reese Witherspoon chose this as one of her book club books and I know she will have to make it into a movie. The story begins at the end and then works its way back to the beginning chapter, which only serves to build the suspense. It centers around a couple on their honeymoon who come across a bag floating in the ocean. What they find inside and the events that follow will keep you on the edge of your seat. I could not read this book fast enough. Read this if you are in the mood for a suspenseful thriller.

by: Dale Thomas
5 out of 5 stars


I discovered Dale Smith Thomas' work many years and have received her weekly emails ever since. She is an extremely positive and motivational person. This book is inspiring and an easy read full of motivational pick-me-ups. Read this if you need to motivate yourself to liven up your life.

by: Lisa Wingate
5 out of 5 stars


This book. Amazing. Heartbreaking. Stemming from the real-life events surrounding the Tennessee Child Welfare System and illegal adoption in 1939, this book depicts the heart-aching events that occurred and the unbreakable bonds between siblings. I am very picky about historical fiction, but this book is superb...and hard for a mom to read. Read this if you want to read a book that will stay with you long after the last page.

by: Kristin Cavallari
4 out of 5 stars


With the help of a chef that she met when her husband was playing for the Chicago Bears, Kristin Cavallari has written a cookbook that has many great recipes for clean eating. She has removed all dairy, gluten, and sugar from her family's diet and healed some medical issues as a result. I checked this book out from the library and made five of the recipes over a weekend. They were very good and even my family approved. The best part was most ingredients are simple and don't require you milk your own goats or have a five acre garden. Read this if you want to add a few excellent clean-eating recipes to your cooking rotation. 

by: Colleen Hoover
4 out of 5 stars


Remember when I read It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover and deemed it my favorite book of the year? While not as good as that one, this novel comes very close. Colleen Hoover sucks you right in to lives of a couple struggling with infertility and trying to maintain their relationship as a result. Switching back and forth between present day and the beginning of their relationship, this book is such a good read. Read this if you want a book that is a love story with achingly imperfect life events getting in the way of love. 

You really can't go wrong with any of the books I read in August. I love when that happens! I already have a long list for fall and would love to know what is on your reading list as well. Remember you can click on the title or image of the book to be taken straight to Amazon. If you choose to order, I do receive a very small kickback on your purchase. All proceeds go toward supporting my reading habit. :)

Happy Reading!

xo,
Deanna

(all images from www.amazon.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment