Monday, July 1, 2019

Book and Beans~March 2019

I cannot believe how behind I got with blogging! I am catching up this week and am finally ready to publish my March picks. Thanks for participating in this hobby of mine even when I am inconsistent.  No coffee to share for March, so let's get straight to the books!

BOOKS

The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own
by: Joshua Becker
3 out of 5 stars


You know I'm a sucker for a good organizing book. This one focuses more on paring down your possessions to the essential which I do feel is the best way to begin an organizing project. While I could never be a full fledged minimalist, I have reduced the number of items I own over the last few years and it is very freeing. This book was pretty good, but I did not find that any of the information was groundbreaking.

by: Gay Hendricks
4 out of 5 stars


Self-help/motivational books are also on my list of favorite things and I really liked this book and the concept it is built around. Basically, the author shows how people have a set point for success and it is difficult to go beyond that point without it feeling scary. Therefore, people self-sabotage to get back to the point where they can remain in their comfort zone. So much of this book rang true for me and the author does an excellent job of breaking down how to get out of your own way. If you need a super dose of motivation in any area of your life, this is a good read for you.

by: Greer Hendricks
4 out of 5 stars


This psychological thriller was so good! It all begins when the main character poses as someone else to earn money from a psychology experiment. What unfolds is an entanglement with the psychologist in charge of the study. This book is suspenseful, creepy and kept me on the edge of my seat to the very end!

by: Lisa Jewell
3 out of 5 stars


Another psychological thriller that I enjoyed. If I hadn't read An Anonymous Girl before this book, I would have probably given it four stars. It was good, but just not as fast-paced in the beginning. There are also some distracting plot lines that are meant to be red herrings, but I thought they were just distracting. I'm not sure if that makes sense! A good book that surprised me in the end!

by: Joshua Becker
3 out of 5 stars


I figured I would give Joshua Becker another go with his next book and it was good as well. Again, if you are intentional about reducing the amount of items you own, this book walks you through each area of your home and encourages you to get rid of the excess. I have already gone through this process in my house (cheers to Marie Kondo) so this book was review for me. Good to add to your list if you want a room-by-room way to minimize your belongings.

by: Christina Lauren
5 out of 5 stars


So good. You know it is very rare for me to give five stars to a work of fiction, but this one did it for me. I loved the plot line, the love story and the way the characters were presented and developed. This book follows a boy and a girl who meet when they are young and the way their relationship evolves throughout out the years. It is endearing and sentimental.  Throw in a conflict or two and it makes for one of the best books I've read this year. This is one of those books where I missed the characters when it was over. Tell me I'm not the only one who does this?

I'd love to know what you are reading! Thank you for continuing to read my little blog and interact with me on social media. I love this little corner of the internet so much!

xo,

Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment