Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tuesday Talk

It's Tuesday and time for another fun link-up! Ashley and Erika host this link-up once a month where we are supposed to talk about anything that is currently on our minds.


I read a book over Christmas break that really inspired me. I didn't include it in my usual Books and Beans Post because I knew I wanted to share it with you here. The book is called The Miracle Morning and it inspired me so much!


I blogged about my early morning routine HERE back in the summer, but, honestly, I had fallen way off track. By the time December rolled around I was in a terrible habit of sleeping as late as possible and then rushing to get out the door each morning. Not only was this hard on me, but I noticed a change in my kids' mornings too. Honestly, I was diagnosed with low vitamin D and that may have had something to do with it! Either way, I knew it was time to get back into my early wake up pattern (and take some supplements!)

Basically, each morning consists of silence, reading, exercise and just grounding yourself for the day. While I do stretch in the morning, that is not when I work out. Instead, I use that time for making coffee, stretching and reviewing my calendar for the day at the end of my hour. Afternoon workouts work best for me.

Here is the 60 minute sample:


For me, this means I get up at 5:00 AM. I drink a glass of water and stretch while my coffee is brewing. I head to my office where I read my devotional and One Year Bible. I then write down five things I am grateful for in THIS journal. Next, I pray. This year, I am keeping a monthly prayer list of things to pray for and add to it as things come up. I also record when prayers are answered. After that, I blog, read, or review my goals. Although my time is spent a little differently than the book suggests, I have found the last few weeks to be so amazing. I actually look forward to getting up and having that alone time. My brain is sharpest in the morning and this time centers my whole day.

There is also a 6 minute version on the website if 6 minutes is all you have! Do any of you do anything similar? I love that a book inspired me to make a small change to my schedule that has already impacted me so positively!



No comments:

Post a Comment