Monday, February 27, 2017

Books and Beans~February

(Image from www.pinterest.com)

February was a quick month, but I did manage to read some excellent books!  I'm excited to share what I've been sipping and reading.  Click on any of the titles or images to instantly order the ones you want to read from Amazon.

*COFFEE*

My Starbucks drink of choice this month was the Flat White.  I'm trying to cut back on sugar *again* and I love this smooth coffee drink.  Plus, I feel like I'm getting my necessary calcium.  I have a million ways to justify drinking Starbucks. :)

In my Friday Favorites post, I blogged about these vitamins that I am taking for my hair, skin and nails.  I'm also loving this tea for boosting skin health as well.  Yum!

*BOOKS*

by: Heather and Terry Dubrow
(4 out of 5 Stars)

It's no secret that I'm a fan of Heather Dubrow's Podcasts and her YouTube channel, so it's no surprise that I really enjoyed this book.  I found it to be very informative and full of "real-life" suggestions for aging well.  Although it does include plastic surgery options, the other suggestions are just as good and useful for those of us who are never going under the knife. :)

1939457556

The Things We Keep by: Sally Hepworth
(4 out of 5 Stars)

This story about a young woman diagnosed with Alzheimer's is so good.  This is the first Sally Hepworth book I have read, and I'm already a fan.  She takes an ugly disease and uses it as a backdrop for a wonderful love story.




Small Admissions by: Amy Poeppel
(3 out of 5 Stars)

This book was by another author I have never read before.  While I enjoyed that the story was set in New York and at a school, I did find the beginning a little slow.  Overall, it was a good read about life-long friendships and how they help us through the different stages of our lives.

1501122525


Uninvited by: Lysa TerKeurst
(4 out of 5 Stars)

A definite read for anyone who has ever felt left out.  I'd say every woman I know.  Lysa does an excellent job of capturing the feeling of being left out and speaking God's truth over that feeling to ease the pain and make us aware of others who feel it too.

1400205875


Tiny Little Thing by: Beatriz Williams
(4 out of 5 Stars)

A friend at work let me borrow this book after I blogged about A Hundred Summers.  This book is set in the 1960's and is about a political wife.  I loved how it had echoes of Jackie O and the ending is excellent.  Apparently, there are two others in this series (about her sisters) and I intend to read them as well.

0425278867


Overall, it was a great month for reading!  I am loving all the suggestions for future books. If you need other book suggestions, check out any of my previous Books and Beans posts!

January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016
October 2016
November and December 2016
January 2017

 Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment